Wednesday, August 30, 2017

Houston, we have a problem

I'm sure y'all know about Hurricane Harvey that came and destroyed
Houston a couple days ago. As soon as I heard about it, I thought of
all the people that were coming from near cities and states to help
out and it reminded me of a country song: It's America by  Rodney
Atkins. There's a part that says...

"I saw a little town that some big [hurricane] tore apart. People came
from miles around, just to help their neighbors out. I was thinking to
myself, I'm so glad that I live in America."

Amen to that, Atkins. I'm so grateful to be an American. I'm grateful
for the men and women that have sacrificed their lives to protect our
country. I'm grateful that God guided people throughout history to
help build America into a land of freedom. I'm grateful for all the
blessings that come from being American. God Bless America 🇺🇸

I'm also extremely grateful for God's hand in my life. I've noticed in
my mission how constantly His hands are guiding me, and the work here.
It's amazing to notice the way God works in our lives. We may have
this big picture of what we want our life to look like, but God has an
even great one and it's one that will make us better people, happier
and become more like Him. He is preparing us to return to Him and
become Gods one day. We need to prepare to live with our Heavenly
Father again. That should be our top priority. We read in 3 Nephi
13:33

But seek ye first the kingdom of God and his righteousness, and all
these things shall be added unto you.

Not second, not third. Not last. We seek FIRST the kingdom of God and
He will take care of everything else. I know this to be true and I
have seen it in my mission so many times. God is a worker of MIRACLES.
Speaking of:

We did scambio with ravenna sorelle and they are in the same transfer
as my comp (12) and it was hilarious. We all sang I'll Be Home For
Christmas, told lots of stories, and bought the biggest Gelato of our
lives. Go big or go home, right? HA. It's funny because they're
actually going home, except not because that will be me in a few
months and I don't know how I feel about that.

Anways, during the Scambio, we met a Filipino woman while doing
finding that had studied with the missionaries in the past and has a
good friend that's Mormon. We got her contact information and she said
she wants to meet with us again!! We also got 3 other people's
information, so we'll see where it goes from there. Yay for scambio
miracles!!

Also, biggest freaking miracle of the mission: the prodigal son has
returned. His name is Andrea. I had never met this dude until last
Sunday when he just shows up to church with his mom. He's got long
hair and earrings and looks like a rocker from the 80s. They invited
us over for dinner and his hair was gone! He looked completely
different and he was making burritos and fresh guacamole (Holy mother.
It was so good). Then during dinner, he just spills out his life
story. He was baptized as a kid when their family met the
missionaries, got some bad friends as a teenager and left the church,
then had a hard experience a couple years ago and decided he needed to
turn his life around and finally this past Sunday, after 23 YEARS, he
shows up to church again. Just like that. He told us that he felt so
good at church and he didn't want it to end, so after church he went
home and sang through the hymns 4 times!! He started crying during
dinner and then tears came to all of our eyes as we talked about how
great God is and how incredible the gospel is.

Okay, sorry this was so long. There's so many more miracles I could
write but I just wanna say that God is great and the Atonement is
real.
Love y'all and have a great week!

Con amore,
Sorella Meager

No comments:

Post a Comment