Wednesday, August 9, 2017

Bologna y'all

•       We live next to the busiest street in bologna and it is so loud 24/7.
        •       I'm constantly sweating. Like I get out of the shower and I already
start sweating. It has become a way of life and I'm not sure if that's
a good thing or not.
        •       There are so many buses. I've been here for 2 weeks and I still
can't remember how to get to the church. That's bad people cause I'm
gonna be going on exchanges and they're gonna expect me to know where
to go. Please pray for ya girl over here.
        •       My comp is the queen of bologna. This is her 5th transfer here (7
months+) and she is "dying" here AND she's literally so awesome. There
have been many missed buses, singing parties, Gelato, laughing, and
running for buses.
        •       Basically were always running for buses because it's so hot outside
that we don't leave the apt until the last second.

I've seriously been enjoying Bologna, and the people, and even the
sweating... To quote Sorella Bishop in Rome: "Sweating has becoming a
normal way of life." People, it is hot. I feel like I am walking
around in a giant oven. Granita's (Basically like a smoothie) in the
middle of the afternoon have become my saving grace. Thank you, Italy
for having a Gelateria on every corner. #Godbless

Friday night, we had a family home evening with Wale, Bumni, and
Clinton. Let me just tell y'all. They are freaking hilarious. I could
tell the complete, hilarious, crazy story from that night, but i don't
have the time. Long story short: Wale and Bumni got into an argument
regarding filling up the bike tire. While they were arguing Clinton
takes the bike, fills it up, and comes back before they get done
arguing. Go Clinton. Then he dabbed while he was biking. Cool kid
y'all.

After fhe, Anziano Robinson and his parents treated us to Gelato
Friday night :) it was so yummy. #thankyou

Saturday was an adventure. We visited a less active member that lives
way out in the middle of nowhere (keep in mind, it's about 105 degrees
outside). We get to her house and she asks us to go make a poste pay
(????) so we walk to the post office, wait for 20 minutes while they
set up an Italian postal account for my comp that leaves in a month,
and then go back to her house. THEN, she asks us to take out the
trash. 5 black garbage bags... Okay. So we take it. Unfortunately, the
dumpster cannot fit the bags, so we have to open up each bag and feed
the trash into the dumpster one at a time. #halp Finally, we go back
to her house and have lunch and teach her. And then

Anziano Brown prayed for cooler weather and God blessed us 40 fold
with a freak rain storm Sunday evening and it was so wonderful because
we finally weren't sweating. However, we were supposed to do a Mostra,
but you can't see chalk when it's raining... so we stood in the
pouring rain and asked someone to take a picture. And then we handed
out our English class flyers because it was very obvious that we were
not Italian. It was awesome.

We went shopping for pday today and we both got REAL LEATHER BEAUTIFUL
ITALIAN SHOES. (For €40) it was literally the best. Also, saldi
shopping.

Okay, that's all I got for today. I'm loving Italy and the mission and
I don't want to take my name tag off. Except maybe to jump into a lake
cause it's freaking hot.

Con amore,
Sorella Meager

Here's a good quote:

"If you talk to a man in a language he understands, that goes to his
head. If you talk to him in his language, that goes to his heart "
-Nelson Mandela

No comments:

Post a Comment