Thursday, August 11, 2016

What a week!!! 

Sacrament on Sunday was SO great! The Book of Mormon was the topic and our Branch President reminded us that "the Book of Mormon isn't just a nice thing to have". I love the Book of Mormon and I know that reading and studying it has blessed my life tremendously. I have gotten to know my Savior personally through the Book of Mormon and through prayer.

In class on Tuesday night, our teacher, Sorella Francom bore a simple testimony to us that I really needed:
"You, in your simple Italian, can have more power in your lesson than someone who can speak perfect Italian." That is because we have been set apart as missionaries. We wear Christ's name on our chest and we have the spirit with us 24/7. It is such an incredible feeling and I want to stay a missionary forever!! I love the people of Italy and I have not even set foot in the land yet (although I have met a few Italians). I cannot wait to get over there and bring them closer to Christ.

We haven't changed at all because of the name tag that is on our chest, I am still me, but wearing His name on our chest shows that we have devoted our lives to Him for these next 18 months and we will get to see miracles happen right before our eyes because of that. Being on a mission is a sacrifice, but I have given up so little to get so much and I am truly grateful for this opportunity.

I love my district so much and I'm glad I do because we spend 10+ hours a day with each other and it would be torture if I didn't like them. Last night we figured out who everyone was as a cartoon Character and here is the list in order from left to right of the picture:
Anziano Johnson= Flynn Rider (Tangled-- his looks)
Anziano Brown= Dash (The Incredibles-- his looks)
Anziano Jacobsen= Mr. Fredrickson (Up-- the way he acts with his comp)
Anziano Wagstaff= Russell (Up-- his enthusiasm and above statement)
Sorella Cloward= Ruby (Max and Ruby-- her looks)
Sorella Carter= Lilo (Lilo and Stitch-- he sassyness)
Sorella Huntzinger= Rapunzel (Tangled-- goes from crying to laughing like no one else)
Sorella Wilson= Sadness (Inside Out-- her looks)
Sorella Meager= Wheezy (Toy Story-- it's because of my laugh)

Inline image 1

No comments:

Post a Comment