Wednesday, August 24, 2016

Interesting facts:
I have been here for over a month and I still don't know how to lock
the bathroom door at the church without getting locked in
Italians put motors on their bikes so they don't have to pedal
Italians love Americans and wearing American clothes and I have even
seen a couple mopeds that have the American flag painted on...
Our neighbor does laundry at least 7x a day

A bird pooped on my nose

I got proposed to 4x (by the same guy within 20 minutes)

We were following a lady that we wanted to talk to for 3 blocks... and
then I saw a guy wearing a Texas shirt and we stopped and talked to
him #Texans He was cool. He said he knew a ton of Mormons and then he
invited us to his music shop.

They have a little American bakery here and they sell American items
so my companion and I got the essentials: Dr. Pepper, A&W root beer,
and Reese's.

An investigator named, Joy called at 1am one night so I answered and
my companion woke up...
Me: Pronto (this is what you say when you answer the phone)
Sorella Drake : Are you sure it's not a text?
Me: I'm on the phone right now

Also, apparently I made a loud crescendo-ing noise in the middle of
the night during my sleep a couple nights ago and woke my companion up

I woke up Saturday morning, and my arm hurt when anything touched it
so I assumed that I had shingles aka herpes zoster aka fioca de Santo
Antonio (according to the Italian English dictionary) so I called
Sorella Allen (mission mom) and she freaked out. But the doctors
offices are closed on weekends so I decided to wait it out (yes, mom I
know that I'm not supposed to do that with shingles) and guess what?
Prayers worked and my arm stopped hurting by the next morning and
hasn't hurt since! Moral of the story: don't ever call shingles early.
Also, prayers work

Karma:
My bike kinda sucks and it requires twice as much effort to do
anything on my bike, than my companion's bike. Don't know why, but we
switched bikes and she has apologized like 12x for my bike. The end.
(We're getting it fixed today)

Miracle:
On Sunday, I woke up feeling sick. And then I cried. And then after
church, my companion and I were super hormonal?? We were laughing and
crying all during lunch... Then we went to Centro and had an
appointment with GianLuca (he baci'ed us.  I don't like it when guys
baci us. Baci is a verb that my companion and I made up for the cheek
kissing ritual that Italians do) anyway, then we were supposed to have
an appointment with Rafael, but he didn't show up BUT we met a guy
named Antonio and long story short: he asked about all of the church
doctrine ever and we talked to him for almost 2 hours. I don't know
how to describe it, but my companion and I were in shock forever about
it because it was one of the coolest conversations ever.

Also, you may have already heard about the earthquake near Rome this
morning. All the members and missionaries are accounted for and safe.
My companion and I were not affected. The church is true. The end.

Vi voglio bene,
Sorella Meager

Faith starts with the benefit of the doubt
Moroni 6:4

No comments:

Post a Comment