Thursday, August 11, 2016

Interesting facts:
(I'm probably going to put interesting facts in every email because
I'm always finding out new things)
At the grocery store, you can't touch the fruits or vegetables with
your hands, you have to use gloves or a bag
During the month of August, everyone goes on vacation so we have had
full days where we don't speak to any Italians, only Romanians,
Ukrainians, Swedes, French, Africans, Moroccans, Pakistanians, etc.
When you say goodbye on the phone, you say "Ciao" like 5x
You have to have like 5 eyes to drive in Italy, especially in Rimini

On Thursday night while we were planning for the next day, my
companion was telling me that she was proud of me during our lessons,
because I've begun to speak more and she was like "I have a
functioning companion!"

Friday night, I found out that I kept saying "Fede senza opera è
morte" which means: faith without works is death, instead of saying
"Fede senza opera è morta" which is faith without works is dead...

On Saturday, we helped Concetta and her husband, Pino pack the sewing
room. 4.5 hours and 52 boxes later... We stopped and we had AMAZING
pizza and then they drove us home.

On Sunday, we biked 45 minutes to the Zavala family's house for their
daughters birthday lunch and it was so good! They are the cutest
family. We ate lunch and sang Happy birthday and then we shared about
a message about temples and being worthy. And I also shared the story
about my grandparents and showed them a picture of them in Uganda :)

Aug 4th 2016

No comments:

Post a Comment