Thursday, September 21, 2017

John Cougar, John Deere, John 3:16

That was the first thing that came to my mind when I was trying to
think of a title for this week, so we'll just go with it. Also, it's a
good song, so y'all can go listen to it.

John 3:16 For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten
Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have
everlasting life.

I know I already shared this on Facebook (still sounds weird to say
that) but I love this scripture because GOD LITERALLY LOVES US SO
MUCH. Not even joking. How amazing is it that if we believe (and do
our very best) we will have eternal life. Flipping awesome. But wait,
there's more. The very next verse says:

17 For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but
that the world through him might be saved.

Woah. Christ didn't come down to make us feel useless or unimportant
or discouraged about being completely imperfect. Cause we are
imperfect and we don't really deserve, or at least, we often don't
feel that we deserve God's love. But we receive it. And He does love
us. And He sent His son to die for us. And Jesus loves us. He doesn't
want to make us feel sad or like we can't do this. He wants us to have
hope and faith and to believe in Him AND in ourselves. It reminds me
of something that Dieter F. Uchtdorf said in a conference talk one
time:

"God sees you not only as a mortal being on a small planet who lives
for a brief season--He sees you as His child. He sees you as the being
you are capable and designed to become. He wants you to know that you
matter to Him."

Just think about that y'all. Sorry I'm getting really lovey and
feelingsy. My emotions are flying all over the place. I have 10 weeks
left and that's freaking me out. I'm not thinking about it a lot and
just focusing on the work and my roomies and scambi and it's awesome
but yeah. This was an unnecessary part of this email but there's my
feelings flying out.

Also, I got to go to Rimini (My first city where I spent 7.5 months)
and it was awesome and also a roller-coaster of emotions because I
love those people so much and haven't seen them in a long time. I love
Italy so much. I never want to leave place that has become home.

Also, I got peed on this week. :)

Love y'all,
Sorella Meager

No comments:

Post a Comment