Sunday, July 16, 2017

PONDERIZE THIS

First off, I'm so sorry y'all that my group emails have been all over
the place. My iPad won't send group emails and so I have to use the
computer and sometimes we don't get to the church until late, so I
apologize and I'm trying to fix it.

This is the email I tried to send 2 days ago:

This past week, I reread the talk called "My Heart Pondereth Them
Continually" by Devin G. Durrant and I've been studying the scriptures
more intently and really focusing on PONDERIZING them, instead of just
reading them. I'll paste the part of the talk that mentions the invite
to ponderize.

"I invite you to “ponderize” one verse of scripture each week. The
word ponderize is not found in the dictionary, but it has found a
place in my heart. So what does it mean to ponderize? I like to say
it’s a combination of 80 percent extended pondering and 20 percent
memorization.
There are two simple steps:
First, choose a verse of scripture each week and place it where you
will see it every day.
Second, read or think of the verse several times each day and ponder
the meaning of its words and key phrases throughout the week."

"In my case, I feel the Spirit more fully as I ponderize weekly. My
love of the scriptures has also increased as a result of striving to
“let virtue garnish [my] thoughts unceasingly. ”
Consider this invitation and supreme blessing shared by Nephi: “If ye
shall press forward, feasting upon the word of Christ, and endure to
the end, behold, thus saith the Father: Ye shall have eternal life.”
In the spirit of “feasting upon the word of Christ,” ponderizing is
like taking a bite of delicious food and then chewing very, very
slowly in order to enjoy it to its fullest." (My Heart Pondereth Them
Continually By Devin G. Durrant)

I love this invite and I shared it with my comp and then, like 3 times
last week, we taught members/investigators about this new way of
studying the scriptures and ponderizing. Every time, I got to bear
testimony over and over again of the truthfulness of the Book of
Mormon. It was really so cool and I strengthened my own testimony of
the power of the Book of Mormon in my life.

Specifically, I loved sharing this with Daniele (our investigator
that's the son of the woman we were teaching) on Thursday. We sang a
hymn, which immediately brought the Spirit into the room, and then we
shared this quote with them and asked them to find a scripture that
spoke to them. For about 5 minutes, we each searched the pages of the
Book of Mormon for a scripture that spoke to our hearts about Jesus
Christ. It was really special for each of us to share the scripture
and bear testimony of the  importance of each scripture. You could
really feel everyone's love for their chosen scripture. Daniele and
Silvana both picked scriptures from Alma about Jesus Christ being a
light for the people. I chose 3 Nephi 15:9
Behold, I am the law, and the light. Look unto me, and endure to the
end, and ye shall live; for unto him that endureth to the end will I
give eternal life.
Through Jesus Christ, I know that we can find happiness and peace and
receive eternal life, which is the greatest of all gifts. I am
grateful for Him and His atoning sacrifice for us.

I won't go through the details of every single lesson we had, but I
just want to invite each of y'all to pick a scripture to ponderize
this week and REALLY ponderize it. Read it multiple times a day.
Memorize it. Focus your week around it. And email me about it. I wanna
know how it went. I wanna hear about the experiences you have. (:

Con amore,
Sorella Meager

p.s. My scripture this week is 1 Nephi 21:16 Behold, I have graven
thee upon the palms of my hands; thy walls are continually before me.

No comments:

Post a Comment