Saturday, July 22, 2017

God, where are you?

During Sunday school, we analyzed section 121 of the doctrine and
covenants, which starts off with a question "Oh God, where art thou?"
At this time, Joseph is in jail in Missouri and had been for months.
He and others were pleading with God for relief from their trials and
thus section covers God's response to them, which says:

7 My son, peace be unto thy soul; thine adversity and thine
afflictions shall be but a small moment;
8 And then, if thou endure it well, God shall exalt thee on high; thou
shalt triumph over all thy foes.

He continues on to talk about revelations and the priesthood, etc. But
I really liked that He started off with "My son, peace be unto thy
soul" I imagine him standing there with His hand on my shoulder
saying, "Peace be with you". But I feel like usually with me, He's
like "Rachel, would you calm down? I'M RIGHT HERE." And then I
remember and I'm fine, but sometimes I forget that He's right there.
Listening. Waiting. He never ever leaves us. (John 14:18) I can
testify of that truth. That is a truth that was emphasized a lot this
week.

Monday night, we made pizza with Gabriele and his mom, Rita. While
making the pizza, Gabriele and I got to talking about his depression
and trials and why we go through hard things in life, and I shared
with him this quote that my mom sent me:

"Don't you give up. Don't you quit. You keep walking. You keep trying.
There is help and happiness ahead... It will be all right in the end.
Trust God and believe in good things to come." (Jeffrey R. Holland)

Then Tuesday morning, we met with Gabriele Albano. He lost his wife
about a year and a half ago. Sorella Miele came with us to the
appointment (she lost her husband about 20 years ago). We were
planning on teaching the plan of salvation, but we got in and they
immediately starting talking about their spouses and the tragedies of
their deaths, the role that Jesus Christ has played in their lives,
and the peace they received from knowing that they would see their
loved one again. It was literally so awesome. By the end of the lesson
(taught by Sorella Miele) Sorella Miele, Gabriele, and I were all in
tears.

Basically, it was an awesome week and I'm sad to be leaving this
place. We get transfer calls in 2 days and I'm freaking out. I've got
3 transfers left and I haven't come to terms with it. Yeah. Here are
some funny things that happened this week:

Weekly funnies:
        1.      Met a dude on the bus and i gave him a bigliettino and asked him if he would watch the
video "Prince of Peace" and he straight up said no. Haha well, points for honesty
        2.      Hit a kid in the face during dodge ball.
        3.      Then hit my companion in the gut
        4.      Then got hit in the head
        5.      Drenched Anziano Robinson with water
        6.      Got drenched with water

#karma

Also, I celebrated ONE YEAR in Italia with homemade lasagna :)

Con amore,
Sorella Meager

No comments:

Post a Comment