Wednesday, April 26, 2017

You Matter To Him

This week, I re-learned a very important lesson. (I say re-learned
because basically everything I've learned on my mission is something I
knew, but I've never had an up close experience with it.) Anyways,
this week I realized that GOD KNOWS US SO WELL, Y'ALL.

He specifically puts you exactly where He needs you to be, and if you
listen to Him, you can easily find that reason and change lives or
have your own life changed.

Friday we are walking to the bus stop, on our way to English class, we
see a member walking to his car. "Fratello Caruso!! How are you?" We
talk for a second, and then he offers us a ride to the next bus stop
that we have to take to get to the church. We accept and just as we're
getting out of the car, we see bus 44 at the intersection. We book it
and make it to the stop just in time for the bus. We get on and who's
on the bus? Adda. YES! We talk with her for a little and walk together
to the church.

Only Adda and Ilaria showed up to English class, so we just had our
lesson, and at the end shared "Daughters of God" and talked about out
worth as Daughters of a King. It was really awesome and then I talked
with Ilaria for a sec and I found out she has a BOM, but she's never
read it, so I invited her to read 3 Nephi 11 and she said yes!

Then Saturday, we're on the bus just chilling going home or something,
and Bacher freaks out and who gets on the bus? Josh. (The dude we met
2 weeks ago on the bus that asked us for an English class flyer) And a
friend. His friend is from the Dominican Republic and doesn't speak
Italian, so I brush on my Spanish and we talk to them for a little
while and invite them to sports night and BOTH OF THEM COME. It was
sweet.

Finally, Monday, we were running to the store to find Thailandese rice
and who is on the bus? ALESSANDRO. what. We ask him if he knows where
to get cibo strainero and he takes us to the Coop and we look and look
and then we give up and leave. But as we're leaving, we meet a lady
and she literally looks so excited to meet us. (It's actually kind of
weird) but we give her an apuscolo and she says she'll call us. But I
felt like I needed to really talk to this lady, so we run home, make
cookies, and then go back to the store and talk to her some more.
She's awesome.

I guess these may seem kind of random and insignificant, but they were
important moments for me, and each time I realized how perfect God's
plans are. He very precisely places people in your path at the time
you need them most and at the time that you are ready. Before I left
on my mission, my dad said, "There are specific people that are
waiting for you to teach them the gospel. Always keep a prayer in your
heart so that you will recognize them when you meet them." I completely
believe that and I've definitely seen that here and with the lady at
the store. There was something in me that lead me right back to her.

I just want to end with my testimony that God lives. That He knows
each of you personally and He loves you dearly. Don't forget it. Also,
think about this:

"“What is man in comparison to the glory of creation?” God Himself
said we are the reason He created the universe! His work and
glory--the purpose for this magnificent universe--is to save and exalt
mankind. In other words, the vast expanse of eternity, the glories and
mysteries of infinite space and time are all built for the benefit of
ordinary mortals like you and me. Our Heavenly Father created the
universe that we might reach our potential as His sons and daughters.
This is a paradox of man: compared to God, man is nothing; yet we are
everything to God. While against the backdrop of infinite creation we
may appear to be nothing, we have a spark of eternal fire burning
within our breast. We have the incomprehensible promise of
exaltation--worlds without end--within our grasp. And it is God’s
great desire to help us reach it."

Con amore,
Sorella Meager

Also, never eat strawberries after brushing your teeth- it's disgusting

No comments:

Post a Comment