Wednesday, April 5, 2017

Scegli il Giusto

We've played sand volleyball for the past 2 plays and it's been so
fun. Last week, it was perfect weather and sunny and I got burnt.
Today it was freezing, pouring rain and everyone got soaked. That is
the definition of how Spring is going here.

Thanks to this (beautiful) Spring weather, my allergies have been
through the roof and also I got so sick. Thursday night, I sweat
through my sheets... Woke up at 5am drenched. But then my fever was
gone so I guess I sweat it out?

Weirdness: we saw Adda on the bus. Y'all don't realize this, but we
talk about her approximately 14 times a day and we have now seen her
twice outside of English class. It's getting weird. We invited her to
our weddings. Then, the Anziani saw her on the bus 2 days later. She
might be stalking the missionaries y'all.

We sleep outside and it's awesome. It's still chilly at night so it
feels like we're camping every night and plus there's stars so it's
perfect. We just need to get a bonfire out on the balcony ;)

I accidently burnt a batch of cookies and we may or may not have had a
throwing contest on our balcony and almost hit an old man on his
bike.....

We do a mostra every Saturday at the markets and wear American clothes
and advertise English Class and play country music and it's way fun!
We've actually been having a lot of success with it! Last week, I
taught a family the Restoration and invited them to our sports night.
This past week, we brought cookies and everyone liked them, so we're
gonna do a class in 2 weeks and teach people how to make chocolate
chip cookies!! (Italians are obsessed with chocolate chip cookies)

We went over to Barbara's house Sunday night and she has 2 little boys
that are the cutest. Her son, Zaccaria, was telling us about how he
prayed and said "Per favore smettere la pioggia. Vorrei neve o sole.
Dio, come voule!" (He was shaking his arms in the air during the "come
voule"). Omar (3 yr old) LOVES the children's song "Scegli il Giusto"
and we sing it approximately 27 times every time we go over to their
house. I have it memorized now.

We had an appointment Monday afternoon and I had the impression to
call and confirm (which I usually do) but for some reason, this time I
didn't. We got to her door, and she wasn't home... I apologized to
Bacher (My comp) and she was like, "Yeah, I had the impression this
morning to call and confirm, but I ignored it." Lesson learned. Don't
ignore impressions from the Spirit. However, on our way home we were
walking and I had the feeling to stop and look at this window and
GUESS WHAT? A bird pooped 2 inches from where I would've been. It
would've popped on my face. Thank you, Heavenly Father.

Love y'all,
Sorella Meager

Also, go watch General Conference. It was SO GOOD. Lds.org

No comments:

Post a Comment