Wednesday, March 29, 2017

Don't Worry, Be Happy


Saturday night I was sleep singing "Don't worry, be happy" to my
companion :) I wonder if I was worried while I was sleeping??

Last week, my companion and I had the munchies, so I made chocolate
covered bananas and when I was putting it in the freezer a waterbottle
fell directly on it and everything came crashing down... I ended up on
the floor with a broken plate and broken heart (We were able to save 3
and they all had pieces of broken plate in them.)

My companion and I almost got hit by a speeding car while walking
across the street and our first reflex was to hug... Guess if one of
us gets hit, we're in it together ?

The electricity in our apartment went out... Twice. I guess we can't
have the oven and microwave on at the same time. Whoops

Guess who came out and danced BEFORE the lesson even started with
Silvana? Matteo. Props. My companion had to pay for Gelato this time
#score But anyway, the lesson was really good. We talked about eternal
marriage and how important families are to our Father in Heaven and we
read part of The Family: A Proclamation to the World. It was so
wonderful. I love teaching about marriage and families because family
is the most important thing in the world to me. Even though I'm a half
of a world away from mine right now, they are always in my heart.

I just want to share a quote from a talk centered on families:

"The entire theology of our restored gospel centers on families and on
the new and everlasting covenant of marriage. In The Church of Jesus
Christ of Latter-day Saints, we believe in a premortal life where we
all lived as literal spirit children of God our Heavenly Father. We
believe that we were, and still are, members of His family.

We believe that marriage and family ties can continue beyond the
grave--that marriages performed by those who have the proper authority
in His temples will continue to be valid in the world to come. Our
marriage ceremonies eliminate the words “till death do us part” and
instead say, “for time and for all eternity.”"

I'm so grateful that I am sealed to my family for eternity and that I
will have the chance to be sealed to my future family for all of
eternity. The gospel is so good. God is so good. The Book of Mormon is
so good. Life is so good.

Love y'all,
Sorella Meager

No comments:

Post a Comment