Wednesday, January 4, 2017

Don't Drink Anything They Give You in the Hospital

So a few weeks ago, we were biking to the beach to do finding and on
the way there, this guy was like "CIAO SORELLE" so we HALTED
everything and talked to him and he knew the missionaries from years
ago and recognized us because we had helmets (they're good for more
than just safety) and we got his number and then went our merry way.
We kept calling and making appointments with him and he kept
bedone-ing us but FINALLY he met with us Saturday and we taught him
the plan of salvation and gave him a Book of Mormon and he's excited
to read it. But anyways, after the lesson, he said "Can you type
something in English for me?" We agreed and he handed me his phone and
began saying what he wanted me to write and this is what it ended up
as:

"Girls, I was joking. I do not have $100,000 in my account. I do not
have a house in the Maldives or the Caribbean. Bill Gates is not my
cousin. I will still love you even if you were aliens from outer
space. We can be friends on Facebook."

What??? I thought FOR SURE I had messed up, but I read it back to him
in Italian and it was RIGHT! He told us a backstory for why he needed
to send this text but I didn't really make any sense either. The end.

I saw a man pull out his flip phone and take a picture of a mannequin...

I forgot to mention this last week, but I almost got hit by a car. Twice.

Thursday morning we were doing finding and who do we see? RAFF. Holy
what? So we run up to him and we're like "HEY what happened last week?
But before he explained himself we were walking and I was talking to
him about the gospel. (Better work on patience some more) But anyway,
we got to teach him and set a baptismal date for February 10th :)
we're so stoked for him and he's stoked to get baptized !!

I saw a truck.

My companion slammed her thumb in the car door Monday night and the
nail turned black. We thought that it would get better, but she didn't
fall asleep until 5am so we went to the hospital Tuesday afternoon.
The Anziani dropped us off and we went in and after a little waiting
(2 hours) the doctor called us in and they decided that they needed to
STAB a needle into her thumb nail so that the blood would come out...
long story short, my companion ended up with a bleeding thumb for the
rest of the night and I ended up on the floor. (Yes mom, I still pass
out when I see blood). Lesson learned. Again.

But, I had ceviche and it was literally one of the greatest meals I've
ever eaten in my life.

Vi voglio bene,
Sorella Meager

Remember to make your New Years Resolutions! 🎉
Here are some of mine:
Return with honor
Hug my family
Read Jesus the Christ by James E. Talmage
Read the entire Bible, Book of Mormon, Doctrine and Covenants, and
Pearl of Great Price
Be a better example of Jesus Christ

My hot companion and her not so hot thumb


Smallest zone in Northern Italy, but my favorite one. Anziano Cuthbert knocked over the white board and Anziano Da Ponte is wearing gloves to cover up his dry hands and the Anziani have their legs over each other and we couldn't get the camera to work and we were all laughing so hard, we could barely keep it together for this one picture.


Yay for trucks :)

No comments:

Post a Comment