Wednesday, November 2, 2016


Saturday we ate so much food that we thought we would surely die and then we had to run (in dresses with our bags) twice so we didn't miss buses. Ultimate missionary test right there.

Sunday morning I was trying to figure out what to wear and everything started shaking and I realized it was another earthquake so I ran to the doorway and I yelled at my companion (who was in the shower) and I was like, "THERE'S AN EARTHQUAKE" but she already knew that... later she told me that it felt like she was in a portapotty and someone was shaking the whole thing.

HAPPY HALLOWEEN!!!
All the kids went trick or treating through Centro (the middle of town, kind of like an outlet mall) and they would just run into all the shops and the owners all had candies for the kids when they ran in. It was super cute.

Okay, I want to share part of a general conference talk that I read in personal study this morning:

"...the joy we feel has little to do with the circumstances of our lives and everything to do with the focus of our lives.

When the focus of our lives is on God’s plan of salvation...and Jesus Christ, and His gospel, we can feel joy regardless of what is happening--or not happening--in our lives. Joy comes from and because of Him. He is the source of all joy. We feel it at Christmastime when we sing, “Joy to the world, the Lord is come.” And we can feel it all year round. For Latter-day Saints, Jesus Christ is joy!"

That is EXACTLY why I am out here trying to learn Italian and teach this message to the people in Italy. We have a message of JOY for the world. I know how much the gospel can bless peoples lives because it has blessed my life. It changed me. Heavenly Father takes us as we are and makes us better than we could ever imagine. We are here to have eternal joy and only through Jesus Christ, can we achieve our divine potential and have that joy.

2 Nephi 2:25 Adam fell that men might be; and men are, that they might have joy.

1 Nephi 9:6 But the Lord knoweth all things from the beginning; wherefore, he prepareth a way to accomplish all his works among the children of men; for behold, he hath all power unto the fulfilling of all his words. And thus it is. Amen.

Vi voglio bene,
Sorella Meager

No comments:

Post a Comment