Wednesday, November 30, 2016

Okay, I know I'm a day early, but today is pday so...

"...we should be careful to not haul around in our lives so many nice
but unnecessary things that we are distracted and diverted from the
things that truly matter most."

I want to start off by listing a few of the things I'm grateful for:
Jesus Christ
Family (and people that pretend to be my family when I'm far away from home)
The Atonement and the ability to change and be better
The Restored Gospel
Christmas
Food (both Italian and southern and all foods)
Italy
The scriptures (Bible and Book of Mormon.. the standard works)
Personal revelation
Prayer
Music (I.e. Christmas music)
Mountains
Sunsets
Lakes
Temples
Best friends and friends of all types
Good quotes
Fishing and hunting
Sports in general
Movies
Nutella
Planners (and organization) in general)
Scarves (most especially Italian ones)
The ability to communicate across the world within seconds
Trees
Hot chocolate

Miracles:
Okay, God is so good. Reason: I spoke decent Italian before last week,
and I was SUPER nervous to train because I didn't feel like my Italian
was up to par, but somehow magically, hour five of being a trainer, on
the train from Milano to Rimini, I started talking to the lady that
was sitting by me and we talked for a good long while and I understood
everything AND I talked back to her and we just had a full
conversation!!! It was so crazy cool!! And every single day since,
I've been able to understand and speak back to everyone!!

We decided to pass by Heily (the 13 yr old that wanted to get baptized
but her dad said no) and we went by her apartment and no one was
there, but as we were walking out... guess who we saw? HEILY AND HER
DAD AND HER BROTHER!! She ran up to me and hugged me and we went and
helped them take the groceries upstairs to the apartment and then we
got to teach Heily and both of her little brothers, Dillon and Justin.
They were all so excited and we found out that their grandpa in
Ecuador is also Mormon! How cool?? We are going to see them tomorrow
too and bring them more copies of the Book of Mormon. :) I am so
excited for this family.

Yesterday, we set my record for most baptismal dates set in one day:
the new record is 3. We had an appointment with Giusi and we had a
member, Alan, come because he is getting ready to go on a mission. The
lesson went so well, and at the end, my greenie invited her to be
baptized December 23rd and she accepted! THEN we had a lesson with my
favorite family (Nando, Tania, and Nadia) and we sang Christmas songs
for them and talked about the Restoration of the Church of Jesus
Christ and invited them to be baptized February 3rd and they also
accepted!! (The reason it's so far away is because they're going to
Napoli for a month durning Christmas time). Either way, we're so very
excited for all of them :)

Vi vogliamo bene!
Sorella Meager

Eat some turkey for me! :) and go to the temple too, cause I miss it so bad

No comments:

Post a Comment