Friday, June 23, 2017

But WHY are you a missionary? asked by Keif, from Germany

Okay, so to explain the title. A few weeks ago on the way home from
zone conference, we met this group of foreigners on the train and we
started talking to them and there was this guy named Keif. He started
asking us about the mission life and being Mormon and we were talking
about it and then he asked this question:

But WHY are you a missionary?

I don't know why that took me so off guard. We had been answering his
questions, but he didn't seem to understand WHY we were here. And then
I started to think about it more. Why am I a missionary? And then this
came to my mind:

"I am here because I desire with all my heart to follow my Master,
Jesus Christ. I yearn to do all that He asks of me in this great
cause. I hunger to be edified by the Holy Spirit and hear the voice of
God as He speaks through His ordained servants. I am here to become a
better [wo]man, to be lifted by the inspiring examples of my brothers
and sisters in Christ, and to learn how to more effectively minister
to those in need.
In short, I am here because I love my Heavenly Father and His Son,
Jesus Christ." (Priesthood and Personal Prayer April 2015)

I am here because I love my Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ. I am
here because I know that this message is true and that it can bring a
perfect joy into our lives. I am here because this gospel brings
blessings beyond compare.

I don't know why I decided to write this all out and share it, but it
really touched me and I realized again for myself why I am here.

My challenge to you is if you don't know why you are where you are,
ask. Search. Pray. And find out why you're here. God has a perfect
plan. Ask Him about it. He will reveal all things that He sees fit to
reveal. He is perfect. And you are worth His time.

Speaking of time, Meise is on the countdown! 4 days until her baptism,
people!! I AM SO STOKED. Y'all are in my prayers.

Con amore,
Sorella Meager

No comments:

Post a Comment