Friday, June 9, 2017

1 YEAR + 1 week

I barely mentioned it at the end of my email last week. But I hit my ONE YEAR mark June 1st!! I ate Gelato, burned a tie and cried a little. I don't know where the time has gone, but in the past year, I've managed to:

        •       Eat Gelato
        •       Play sand volleyball so. many. times.
        •       Meet some of my very best friends and my twin (Bacher)
        •       Serve in 2 cities
        •       Have 4 companions
        •       Learn some Italian (lol still not perfect at it)
        •       Choke on lemonade and pizza and just about everything because of laughing too hard
        •       Get rejected 100000x
        •       Serve people 24/7
        •       Laugh until I cry
        •       Miss 1000 buses and trains
        •       Flip over my handle bars twice
        •       Fall down too many times
        •       Eat way too much food
        •       Get rejected
        •       Learn phrases in different dialects
        •       Eat Gelato some more
        •       Meet tons of people and their dogs
        •       Be humbled over and over and over
        •       See miracles big and small everyday
        •       Get pooped on by many a birds
        •       Fall asleep everywhere
        •       Meet people from almost every nation on the earth
        •       Embarrass myself (not new, it's been happening since 1997)
        •       Lose myself in the work

It's never easy being a missionary, but it's so worth it in the end.
Thanks for the prayers and support.

Love y'all,
Sorella Meager

Matthew 16:25 For whosoever will save his life shall lose it: and
whosoever will lose his life for my sake shall find it

No comments:

Post a Comment