Friday, May 12, 2017

The Church is True and The Book is Blue

Holy cow, this was a busy week. I feel like I haven't stopped moving
and I don't get any sleep, except during sacrament meeting on Sundays
(whoops). I picked up baby #2 Thursday morning and we hit the ground
running.

However, I do not have the voglia nor the time to write about all the
details of everything so I will give you a list of the weekly goodies:

   1. Friday night, we brought our tennis shoes (there are teenagers
that play basketball near the church on the weekends). We crossed up
ankles in basketball in skirts and got the ring leader's number
   2. After almost a year, I still fall asleep in Sacrament almost
every time #sorry
   3. We got lost Monday morning and saw that we were near a members
house and so we stopped by to give a spiritual thought. 3 hours later,
we left FULL of pasta pesto di pistacchio and good stories
   4. We ran by a members house Monday night to give them cookies for
their birthday and share a small message and they asked us to stay for
dinner and then gave us a ride home!! Also, the husband Andrea had
asked his wife what was for dessert right before be arrived, and then
we showed up with cookies.... #Spirit
   5. We had a lesson with Silvana and in the middle, her son came in
and sat down. I felt like we needed to share the small restoration
video, so I did and after I asked him what he thought and he paused
and then said, "I think it's true." (!!!!) What. So we talked to him
about our purpose as missionaries and the church and he's SO EXCITED
TO LEARN FROM US AND MAKE US CREPES.
   6. We went by the puppies and their eyes are open and so are the
families.... If you know what I mean. They're so awesome and they're
reading the Book of Mormon as a family and wanting to do a BBQ with
us.
   7. We hung out as a zone today and went to Superga and then a
tower? Thing idk. But it was super fun.

Okay, I just want to end with my testimony of the Book of Mormon. I
bear my testimony of this book daily, but I don't feel like a share it
enough in my emails. I just want y'all to know that this book is truly
the word of God, just like the Bible. It was written by prophets and
translated by Joseph Smith. It goes together with the Bible for
clarification and understanding of Jesus Christ. It IS the most true
and perfect book on the earth. By reading it, we can change our lives
and come closer to Christ.

"The greatest power of the Book of Mormon is its impact in bringing us
closer to Jesus Christ. It is a strong witness of Him and His
redeeming mission. Through it we come to understand the majesty and
power of His Atonement. It teaches His doctrine clearly. And because
of the magnificent chapters describing the visit of the risen Christ
to the Nephites, we see and experience Him loving, blessing, and
teaching those people and come to understand that He will do the same
for us if we come to Him by living His gospel." -LeGrande E. Curtis

Con amore,
Sorella Meager

ps happy (almost) mamma's day to all you beautiful mamma's and soon to
be mamma's out there :) everyone, hug your mom!!

Shout out to my wonderful and perfect mother, Christyne Meager. I love
you, mamma. Thanks for being my best friend and my greatest example of
Jesus Christ. I can't wait to Skype with you Sunday!

No comments:

Post a Comment