Thursday, May 4, 2017

No Longer A Teenage Mom

I don't have a bunch of time today to write, but I just wanted to give
a list of some things that happened this week that you might laugh at:
   •    We had a BBQ with the zone last week and I have several
bruises from soccer and Ultimate Frisbee
   •    We had Serata Familiare with Barbara and Zachy (5 yr old) spread Eagle
   •    Bacher got hit by a car
   •    This guy ran into me on the bus and then yelled at me
   •    Sofia came from Rimini and to hang out with us and it was the
best 2 days. Lots of food and laughing and horrible pictures
   •    I had to buy a bus ticket and I only had a €20 so I got €8 in .20 coins
   •    We played the flour game and Bacher lost hard core
   •    I fell going up stairs
   •    La Feste Dei Lavoratori happened Monday and we were stranded 2
hours from home and so we called a member for a ride and she drove
past us on the highway 3x before we could finally get her attention
and then when we were turning a corner, her car door flew open and her
car died...
   •    We got to hold puppies AND we are teaching a whole new
family!!! #puppiesbringblessings
   •    I got eye drops from the pharmacy for my eyes and they were
perfectly fine and then out of nowhere, my left eye turned red
again... It has happened 3x in each eye so far. I'm shooting for 5x
   •    My zone surprised me at district meeting yesterday with a
friggin bomb cake and singing to me :) then today, we got sushi and
went bowling with the entire zone 🎳 I feel so old, so I think I'm
just gonna go ahead and stop growing old now. Happy 20th to me per
sempre. :)
   •    Referring to the title: I am picking up a "baby" tomorrow. I'm
training again and I'm super stoked!! I'm gonna tell her that the
apartment is haunted and see how that goes :)

I want to end with a quote that really caught my attention this week
during personal study:

"When He bids us to walk in His way and by His light, it is because He
has walked this way before us, and He has made it safe for our own
travel here. He knows where the sharp stones and stumbling blocks lie
hidden and where thorns and thistles are the most severe. He knows
where the path is perilous, and He knows which way to go when the road
forks and nightfall comes. He knows all this, as Alma says in the Book
of Mormon, because He has suffered “pains and afflictions and
temptations of every kind …, that he may know … how to succor his
people according to their infirmities.” To succor means to “run to.” I
testify that in my fears and in my infirmities the Savior has surely
run to me. I will never be able to thank Him enough for such personal
kindness and such loving care."

Con amore,
Sorella Meager

No comments:

Post a Comment