Wednesday, February 1, 2017

Wings, Calcetto & a BAPTISM!

It doesn't really get any better than that, does it? Glory got
baptized and it was so beautiful and she looked like an angel. The
baptism was beautiful and the members were so kind even though Glory
doesn't speak Italian so there is a bit of a language barrier.

We did Scambio in Firenze and oh my wow I love Firenze. It is so
beautiful and such a dream. And the sorelle live on the top story so
HUGE PLUS because the view was amazing in the morning when the sun was
rising.

It is legal to have a wolf as a pet and so I pet a wolf on Saturday
and it was pretty great and I wanted to take a picture, but we were
teaching a lesson. #missionaryprobs

We had a feeling to call Christian and invite him to church and he
answered the phone and was like "HEY GUESS WHAT?" And guess what
y'all, he had just finished reading the book of Mormon. Coincidence? I
think not

We went to read the Book of Mormon with Giusy Sunday night and it was
soooo funny. There was another woman there, Mona (like the Mona Lisa,
she's French) and she speaks French, Italian, and English so we were
all sitting there and Mona was speaking to us in English and after a
little while, Giusy looks at us and says "Voi capito Francese??" We
all just busted out laughing and we were like no Giusy, we're speaking
English. Hahaha

Giusy was telling us that she puts on makeup at night so that when she
wakes up, she's ready to go. I think I may need to start doing that
too...

We get transfer calls Saturday and I already think I'm gonna throw up.
Everyone thinks I'm leaving and the ward doesn't want me to leave and
I don't want to leave and ugh life. I love these people with my whole
heart. Fratello Bazan (ward mission leader) told the stake president
to ask President Allen NOT to let me leave Rimini. Help.

Blands and I taught Serata Familiare last night and we talked about
building a sturdy foundation on Jesus Christ. I just wanted to share a
quote that we read and discussed last night with the ward and Sofia
and Raff!! :)

"Like the designers and builders of our time, our loving and kind
Father in Heaven and His Son have prepared plans, tools, and other
resources for our use so that we can build and frame our lives to be
sure and unshaken. The plan is the plan of salvation, the great plan
of happiness. The plan lays out for us a clear picture and
understanding of the beginning and the end and the essential steps,
including ordinances, which are necessary for each of Father’s
children to be able to return to His presence and dwell with Him
forever.

Faith, repentance, baptism, the gift of the Holy Ghost, and enduring
to the end are part of the “blueprints” of life. They help to form the
appropriate building blocks that will anchor our lives to the
Atonement of Christ. These shape and frame the supporting structure of
a person’s life. Then, just as temple plans have specifications that
give detailed instructions about how to form and integrate essential
components, praying, reading the scriptures, partaking of the
sacrament, and receiving essential priesthood ordinances become the
“specifications” that help integrate and bind together the structure
of life." (A Sure Foundation)

I know that when we build our faith, our testimonies, our lives on
Jesus Christ, that nothing will ever be able to knock us down. That is
a promise from our Father in Heaven written in Helaman 5:12 that we
will not fall. Ever. Not if we build our foundation on Christ aka the
Rock of our Salvation.

Love y'all,
Sorella Meager

No comments:

Post a Comment