Wednesday, February 15, 2017

Goodbye Beach, Hello Mountains

The hymn of the transfer is "I'll go where you want me to go"

There’s surely somewhere a lowly place
In earth’s harvest fields so wide
Where I may labor through life’s short day
For Jesus, the Crucified.
So trusting my all to thy tender care,
And knowing thou lovest me,
I’ll do thy will with a heart sincere:
I’ll be what you want me to be.

I’ll go where you want me to go, dear Lord,
Over mountain or plain or sea;

Well, I left a part of my heart in Rimini and went as far north west
as I could go, to Collegno. The train was long and tiring but it
worked out. Thursday afternoon at 16:17, I said goodbye to my best
friends and the dream team (Meager, Blandford, Da Ponte, and
Castronovo) got split up. My heart hurt and I would've done anything
to say a little longer with them, but I knew it was time to go and
there was a peace as I stood and the train and waved at everyone. Then
I turned around and there was a cat on the train. What. I stared at it
the whole train ride and tears were free flowing as I moved farther
and farther away from home.

Train ride #1 was short and I got to Bologna quicker than I wanted.
And then there was no one at the station lol. So I got off, found
which binario my next train was at and hiked my luggage over there.
While I was waiting, I called the Rimini Capi to tell them that I had
gotten to the station safely and to tell the Bologna Capi that I'm
okay and waiting for my next train. Then came the wave of tiredness. I
knocked OUT on the next train and was asleep for most of the time and
when I wasn't sleeping, I was staring at the black window and
imagining what it would look like during the day.

I finally arrived In Torino at 20:03 and got off the train and started
walking and thought that no one was there so I thought for sure they
forgot about me. But after a few minutes I found them and my companion
and I hugged and took a picture and then we were off! We rode the
train and then the bus and Sorella Rindlisbacher pointed out the
places she knew and we talked about the people and I already feel such
a love for Collegno. And then we missed our bus stop. But we
eventually made it "home". (Still feels weird saying that). However,
I'm excited for this transfer and I'm ready to lose myself in the work
of the Lord. :)

Collegno facts:
The longest straight street in Europe is right next to our apartment
Bus 44 never comes
They have this chocolate called "Gianduia" and it is good in chocolate
form but NOT in Ciobar hot chocolate form
We don't have bikes and my feet are taking a hit cause I just bought
new shoes the day before I came here... Needless to say, I'm breaking
them in
Our apartment is probably haunted
Our neighbors do not ever go to sleep
The old man from monopoly walks his dog in 3 ft diameter circles in
the street by our apartment

Love y'all,
Sorella Meager

Matthew 10:39 He that findeth his life shall lose it: and he that
loseth his life for my sake shall find it.

Here is a picture from mostra Saturday when we got lectured for 10
minutes by a 80 yr old about not letting the dog walk in front of us.
Not pictured: Anziano Wagstaff (we had a 95 yr old take the picture)

No comments:

Post a Comment