Friday, November 17, 2017

I Am A Child of God

also, so i didn’t send an email last week, because i resent the one from the week before, so i’ll explain in this email what happened last week. sorry if that’s a little confusing.... okay annnnnnnd here we go:

-i had my last fast sunday as a normal missionary and my comp and i and our member sara, and her best friend aurora we all bore our testimonies and it was so sweet. (aurora is not a member, yet)
-we visited gerini (hinckley’s italian twin) because he broke his ankle and he is so sweet. we’re gonna make him lunch friday 
-we taught the cecchin twins and they are AMAZING and the mom is not super happy that we’re teaching the, but we’re doing our best
-there was a party for a member, angelica, who turned 9 and we met lots of cool people there that kept asking us who we were and what we did as missionaries
-we ding dong ditched the bison family and they thought we were thieves hahaha but then they saw the lemon poppyseed bread and the card that we left by their gate
-we had fhe with our favorite people: fabio, deborah, and valentina and i will talk about it below...
-we had pizza at agostino’s and it was literally so much goodness
-the anziani came with us to give a blessing to a member woman that is sick and she said she is coming to dallas to see me in december!!
-we had la romana with valentina and then met her grandparents and they’re awesome and he speaks olandese so i pulled out the only phrase i know which is “hoe gaat het meneer” (i don’t actually know how to spell it, only say it thanks to The Best Two Years) so i said it and pointed to my companions name tag and everyone laughed.
-taught zoe (daughter of a member mom and non member dad) who we found out is only 7yrs old, but vabbè. she was such a sass and she spoke half in italian and half in portuguese 
-went to our service place wednesday night for a party and everyone was very curious and excited to meet the girl missionaries.
-for pday we played sports in pordenone and had a bbq and mamma mia i’m so excited for texas bbq. good stuff
-afterwards, we went to hang out with aurora and get to know her outside of church and my comp showed her some dance moves because she’s a ballerina and it was way cute and then she begged us to stay for pizza so we got to meet with her dad and they’re are so so awesome. she’s need for the waters.

fhe with fabio and our fav girls: i’m actually just going to copy paste what my comp said because i feel she explained it perfectly. 
“I'll try to type this as best as I can, and you try not to laugh. We had Family Home Evening with Fabio and Deborah and Valentina on Monday. (Fabio, member and returned missionary, Deborah and Valentina, fiancée and daughter, non-members.) They are like family, I compare going over to their house making me as happy as going to Disneyland! Okay well it is good when missionaries are happy, am I right? Well this night my comp and I were both super happy! Everyone was laughing the whole entire dinner, and we just had an awesome time! Well it comes time for the spiritual thought. Sadly, uncontrollable laughter and the spirit don't really work hand in hand. We had asked Fabio to give a spiritual thought, but he forgot and said missionaries are ALWAYS prepared with a spiritual thought! Well of course! He told us maybe we could sing I Am a Child of God, because the words would be a great message for Deborah and Valentina. First miracle comes right then when we agree to sing a song. We ran to a closet nearby and as Sorella Meager and I practiced in our tone deaf man voices and we couldn't control our laughter. We finally went out in front of them and Fabio agreed to sing with us. Well after his voice cracking like a 15 year old girl and starting over 4 times all of us were in tears of laughter. Fabio left it to us to sing. Well the laughter couldn't seem to contain itself. We decided to say a prayer. We prayed for the spirit and to help us not laugh. y’all. you can pray for literally anything. We started the song again and sang all three verses. We made it through without laughing once. I honestly do not know how. We ended with every person telling us what the lyrics meant to them, and I have never felt the spirit so strongly before. In that moment I truly felt God's love and so lucky to be his child. Deborah and Valentina both prayed that night and Fabio was grinning ear to ear. I love seeing how much happiness this Gospel brings into people's lives.”

also, i balled my eyes out because of the spirit and also because i love these people so much, it hurts.

i just want to end with my testimony of the truthfulness of the lyrics of that song. 


I am a child of God,
And he has sent me here,
Has given me an earthly home
With parents kind and dear.

2. I am a child of God,
And so my needs are great;
Help me to understand his words
Before it grows too late.

3. I am a child of God.
Rich blessings are in store;
If I but learn to do his will
I’ll live with him once more.

[Chorus]
Lead me, guide me, walk beside me,
Help me find the way.
Teach me all that I must do
To live with him someday.

i know that we are all children of our heavenly father, who loves us and has a very special plan for each one of us. i know that he understands us perfectly and knows our needs before we even know them ourselves. he is always watching over us and guiding us, if we allow him to. my invite for y’all is to pray to him and find out what his plan is for you. i promise he will answer. you are never too far away for him to hear your prayers. he’s always listening. in the name of jesus christ. amen.

love y’all
sorella meager 

No comments:

Post a Comment