Wednesday, December 21, 2016

I don't know what I expected but Christmas has been literally the
BEST. We have celebrated it 5 times already with different families
and our district and our ward. And let me just say, I think GIVING
presents is way better than receiving. The joy that comes from seeing
someone open up a present that you made them or got them is like my
absolute favorite thing. Also, just seeing kids see Babbo Natale and
get presents brings absolute happiness.

We had the Primary Christmas party Saturday night and Babbo Natale
came and gave a present to each of the kids. Also, Denise came and
made me heart so happy. She is my favorite. She had me help her make a
tiara. And we bonded because every time someone would walk through the
door and not close, we would look at each other and laugh. I don't
know why, but it was so funny. "LA PORTA"

Ascanio, a guy from the Domican Republic, in our ward is literally the
coolest dude. He used to go out with the missionaries when he was a
teenager in the DR, but then after he moved to Italy, we stopped going
to church. And then he found it again a few months ago and his
daughter, Sherilyn, got baptized a few weeks ago and his (soon to be)
wife will be getting baptized soon :):):) I love their family with my
whole heart and we'll be having Christmas dinner with them. Ascanio
LOVES the missionaries and always tries to speak English with us and
it's the funniest thing.

Monday was Anziano Castronovo's birthday and Sorella Blandford and I
planned a surprise party/ FHE with the anziani and Paola and Selhini
and Agustin and let me just say, he was definitely surprised and it
was well worth the wait! (Yes, he is wearing a flower crown in the
picture).

We had Christmas with the District yesterday and that was definitely
my favorite part of Christmas so far and it's not even Christmas yet.
We all did each other's stockings and Sorella Blandford and I got all
of them sweaters and each of them immediately put them on and wore
them for the rest of the day :) and we each had an orange at the
bottom of our stockings (just like you always do, mom!) Also, we had
lasagna and cinnamon rolls (thank you, mom for the recipe!) and oh my
heavens and I love Italy.

This Christmas, all I want is for everyone to send me an email and
tell me a gift that you are excited to GIVE.

BUON NATALE E BUON ANO!
Sorella Meager

Isaiah 9:6 For unto us a child is born, unto us a son is given...and
his name shall be called Wonderful, Counsellor, The mighty God, The
everlasting Father, The Prince of Peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment