Thursday, May 26, 2016

Pre Mission

I leave in less than a week on the biggest adventure of my life (so far). Holy cow. Where has the time gone ?? I was talking to my younger brother today and the conversation pretty much went like this:
Me: I leave in a week
Him: Yeah
Me: I can't believe I leave in a week !!
Him: You signed up for it
Me: TIME WENT BY SO FAST !!!
Him: That's how it works

Needless to say, I never thought this day would come, but here it is. I am 6 days away from the next 18 months of my life.

Let's take a look at how we got here.


Less than a year ago, I was graduating high school


A few months later, I moved up to BYU-Idaho, and started living it up in college and then...

March 21, 2016 my world changed forever.

My mission call arrived in the mail.

My roommate and best friend wanted to record me opening the mail box, so here is a recording of it. It didn't take long for everyone and their mom to find out, and a few hours later, I opened my call (I actually start reading it at 1:35).


ITALY MILAN JUNE 1ST

I was in shock for about a week, and I knew that I couldn't focus on my mission too much because I needed to get through the last couple weeks of the semester. So I had to put off the intense research of Italy until after I finished my last exam.

As soon as I got home from college, it was mission mission mission.

I went through the temple May 12th.
Let me just say, if you haven't already gone through the temple. Do everything you can to make it happen! It is the most incredible experience. If you have gone through, KEEP GOING.

Since I've been home, I've bought everything I needed, packed my suitcases, and now here I am. 6 days out and more nervous than ever. BUT I am stoked to see what the future has in store and I know that the Lord will bless and protect me while I am on His errand.

1 comment:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete